Made up of distinct parts or elements; compounded; as, a composite language.
- Made up of distinct components; compound.
- Mathematics Having factors; factorable.
- Botany Of, belonging to, or characteristic of the composite family.
- Architecture Of, relating to, or being in the Composite order.
- A structure or an entity made up of distinct components. See Synonyms at mixture.
- A complex material, such as wood or fiberglass, in which two or more distinct, structurally complementary substances, especially metals, ceramics, glasses, and polymers, combine to produce structural or functional properties not present in any individual component.
- Botany A composite plant.
- Mathematics The application of one function to another. For example, if ∫(x) = x2 and g(x) = x + 1, then the composite ∫(g(x)) = (x + 1)2 and the composite g(∫(x)) = x2 + 1.