Against the affirmative side; in opposition; on the negative side; -- The antithesis of pro, and usually in connection with it. See Pro.
- In opposition or disagreement; against: debated the issue pro and con.
- An argument or opinion against something.
- One who holds an opposing opinion or view.
- To study, peruse, or examine carefully.
- To learn or commit to memory.
- To direct the steering or course of (a vessel).
- The station or post of the person who steers a vessel.
- The act or process of steering a vessel.
- To swindle (a victim) by first winning his or her confidence; dupe.
- A swindle.
- Of, relating to, or involving a swindle or fraud: a con artist; a con job.
- Slang A convict.