The act of conceding or yielding; usually implying a demand, claim, or request, and thus distinguished from giving, which is voluntary or spontaneous.
- The act of conceding.
- Something, such as a point previously claimed in argument, that is later conceded.
- An acknowledgment or admission.
- A grant of a tract of land made by a government or other controlling authority in return for stipulated services or a promise that the land will be used for a specific purpose.
- The privilege of maintaining a subsidiary business within certain premises.
- The space allotted for such a business.
- The business itself: had an ice-cream concession in the subway station.