Knowledge of one's own thoughts or actions; consciousness.
- The awareness of a moral or ethical aspect to one's conduct together with the urge to prefer right over wrong: Let your conscience be your guide.
- A source of moral or ethical judgment or pronouncement: a document that serves as the nation's conscience.
- Conformity to one's own sense of right conduct: a person of unflagging conscience.
- The part of the superego in psychoanalysis that judges the ethical nature of one's actions and thoughts and then transmits such determinations to the ego for consideration.
- Obsolete Consciousness.
- in (all good) conscience In all truth or fairness.