Having power to preserve in a safe of entire state, or from loss, waste, or injury; preservative.
- Favoring traditional views and values; tending to oppose change.
- Traditional or restrained in style: a conservative dark suit.
- Moderate; cautious: a conservative estimate.
- Of or relating to the political philosophy of conservatism.
- Belonging to a conservative party, group, or movement.
- Of or belonging to the Conservative Party in the United Kingdom or the Progressive Conservative Party in Canada.
- Of or adhering to Conservative Judaism.
- Tending to conserve; preservative: the conservative use of natural resources.
- One favoring traditional views and values.
- A supporter of political conservatism.
- A member or supporter of the Conservative Party in the United Kingdom or the Progressive Conservative Party in Canada.
- Archaic A preservative agent or principle.