The act or process of constituting; the action of enacting, establishing, or appointing; enactment; establishment; formation.
- The act or process of composing, setting up, or establishing.
- The composition or structure of something; makeup.
- The physical makeup of a person: Having a strong constitution, she had no trouble climbing the mountain.
- The system of fundamental laws and principles that prescribes the nature, functions, and limits of a government or another institution.
- The document in which such a system is recorded.
- The fundamental law of the United States, framed in 1787, ratified in 1789, and variously amended since then.