A close union or junction of bodies; a touching or meeting.
- A coming together or touching, as of objects or surfaces.
- The state or condition of touching or of immediate proximity: Litmus paper turns red on contact with an acid.
- Connection or interaction; communication: still in contact with my former employer.
- Visual observation: The pilot made contact with the ship.
- Association; relationship: came into contact with new ideas at college.
- A person who might be of use; a connection: The reporter met with her contact at the mayor's office.
- A connection between two conductors that permits a flow of current or heat.
- A part or device that makes or breaks such a connection.
- Medicine A person recently exposed to a contagious disease, usually through close association with an infected individual.
- A contact lens.
- To bring or put in contact.
- To get in touch with; communicate with: "This past January I was contacted by a lawyer who said he needed my help” ( Elizabeth Loftus).
- To be in or come into contact.
- Of, sustaining, or making contact.
- Caused or transmitted by touching: a contact skin rash.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
സന്ധി - Sandhi ;ഇടപെടൽ - Idapedal ;സ്പര്ശനം - Sparshanam ;ആലിംഗനം - Aalimganam | alimganam ;അടുപ്പം - Aduppam ;വൈദ്യുതി പ്രവാഹത്തിനുള്ള മാദ്ധ്യമം - Vaidhyuthi Pravaahaththinulla Maaddhyamam | Vaidhyuthi Pravahathinulla Madhyamam ;