The transmission of a disease from one person to another, by direct or indirect contact.
- Disease transmission by direct or indirect contact.
- A disease that is or may be transmitted by direct or indirect contact; a contagious disease.
- The direct cause, such as a bacterium or virus, of a communicable disease.
- Psychology The spread of a behavior pattern, attitude, or emotion from person to person or group to group through suggestion, propaganda, rumor, or imitation.
- A harmful, corrupting influence: feared that violence on television was a contagion affecting young viewers.
- The tendency to spread, as of a doctrine, influence, or emotional state.