To give or grant i common with others; to give to a common stock or for a common purpose; to furnish or suply in part; to give (money or other aid) for a specified object; as, to contribute food or fuel for the poor.
- To give or supply in common with others; give to a common fund or for a common purpose.
- To submit for publication: contributed two stories to the summer issue.
- To make a contribution: contributes to several charities.
- To help bring about a result; act as a factor: Exercise contributes to better health.
- To submit material for publication.