The condition or quality of converging; tendency to one point.
- The act, condition, quality, or fact of converging.
- Mathematics The property or manner of approaching a limit, such as a point, line, function, or value.
- The point of converging; a meeting place: a town at the convergence of two rivers.
- Physiology The coordinated turning of the eyes inward to focus on an object at close range.
- Biology The adaptive evolution of superficially similar structures, such as the wings of birds and insects, in unrelated species subjected to similar environments. Also called convergent evolution.