Moderately cold; between warm and cold; lacking in warmth; producing or promoting coolness.
- Neither warm nor very cold; moderately cold: fresh, cool water; a cool autumn evening.
- Giving or suggesting relief from heat: a cool breeze; a cool blouse.
- Marked by calm self-control: a cool negotiator.
- Marked by indifference, disdain, or dislike; unfriendly or unresponsive: a cool greeting; was cool to the idea of higher taxes.
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of colors, such as blue and green, that produce the impression of coolness.
- Slang Excellent; first-rate: has a cool sports car; had a cool time at the party.
- Slang Acceptable; satisfactory: It's cool if you don't want to talk about it.
- Slang Entire; full: worth a cool million.
- Informal In a casual manner; nonchalantly: play it cool.
- To make less warm.
- To make less ardent, intense, or zealous: problems that soon cooled my enthusiasm for the project.
- Physics To reduce the molecular or kinetic energy of (an object).
- To become less warm: took a dip to cool off.
- To become calmer: needed time for tempers to cool.
- A cool place, part, or time: the cool of early morning.
- The state or quality of being cool.
- Composure; poise: "Our release marked a victory. The nation had kept its cool” ( Moorhead Kennedy).
- cool it Slang To calm down; relax.
- cool it Slang To stop doing something.
- cool (one's) heels Informal To wait or be kept waiting.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ശാന്തമായ - Shaanthamaaya | Shanthamaya ;നിരൂഷ്മ - Nirooshma ;ധൃഷ്ടനായ - Dhrushdanaaya | Dhrushdanaya ;കുളിര്മ - Kulirma ;നിരുത്സാഹമായ - Niruthsaahamaaya | Niruthsahamaya ;ശീതള - Sheethala ;