- One that is equal in importance, rank, or degree.
- A set of articles, as of clothing or luggage, designed to match or complement one other, as in style or color.
- Mathematics Any of a set of two or more numbers used to determine the position of a point, line, curve, or plane in a space of a given dimension with respect to a system of lines or other fixed references.
- Of or relating to a university in which men and women are taught by the same faculty but in single-sex classes or on single-sex campuses.
- Informal Directions: Give me some coordinates so I can find my way.
- Of equal importance, rank, or degree: coordinate offices of a business.
- Of or involving coordination.
- Of or based on a system of coordinates.
- Grammar Having equal syntactic status: coordinate phrases.
- To place in the same order, class, or rank.
- To harmonize in a common action or effort: coordinating the moving parts of a machine; coordinate the colors of a design.
- To be coordinate: The generators coordinate so that one is always running.
- To work together harmoniously: a nursing staff that coordinates smoothly.
- To form a pleasing combination; match: shoes that coordinate with the rest of the outfit.
- Grammar To link (syntactically equivalent units) together.