A cord or ribbon bestowed or borne as a badge of honor; a broad ribbon, usually worn after the manner of a baldric, constituting a mark of a very high grade in an honorary order. Cf. Grand cordon.
- A line of people, military posts, or ships stationed around an area to enclose or guard it.
- A cord or braid worn as a fastening or ornament.
- A ribbon usually worn diagonally across the breast as a badge of honor or decoration.
- Architecture A stringcourse.
- Botany A tree or shrub, especially a fruit tree such as an apple or pear, repeatedly pruned and trained to grow on a support as a single ropelike stem.
- To form a cordon around (an area) so as to prevent movement in or out: Troops cordoned off the riot zone.