Any horizontal, molded or otherwise decorated projection which crowns or finishes the part to which it is affixed; as, the cornice of an order, pedestal, door, window, or house.
- A horizontal molded projection that crowns or completes a building or wall.
- The uppermost part of an entablature.
- The molding at the top of the walls of a room, between the walls and ceiling.
- An ornamental horizontal molding or frame used to conceal rods, picture hooks, or other devices.
- To supply, decorate, or finish with or as if with a cornice.