One who has no fixed residence, or who is at home in every place; a citizen of the world.
- Pertinent or common to the whole world: an issue of cosmopolitan import.
- Having constituent elements from all over the world or from many different parts of the world: the ancient and cosmopolitan societies of Syria and Egypt.
- So sophisticated as to be at home in all parts of the world or conversant with many spheres of interest: a cosmopolitan traveler.
- Ecology Growing or occurring in many parts of the world; widely distributed.
- A cosmopolitan person or organism; a cosmopolite.