Interchange of opinions; mutual advising; consultation.
- The act of exchanging opinions and ideas; consultation.
- Advice or guidance, especially as solicited from a knowledgeable person. See Synonyms at advice.
- A plan of action.
- Private, guarded thoughts or opinions: keep one's own counsel.
- A lawyer or group of lawyers giving legal advice and especially conducting a case in court.
- To give counsel to; advise. See Synonyms at advise.
- To recommend: counseled care in the forthcoming negotiations.
- To give or take advice. See Usage Note at council.