An opposite point
- Music Melodic material that is added above or below an existing melody.
- Music The technique of combining two or more melodic lines in such a way that they establish a harmonic relationship while retaining their linear individuality.
- Music A composition or piece that incorporates or consists of contrapuntal writing.
- A contrasting but parallel element, item, or theme.
- Use of contrasting elements in a work of art.
- Music To write or arrange (music) in counterpoint.
- To set in contrast: "The complex, clotted computer talk sadly counterpoints the simplistic nature of the characters” ( Rhoda Koenig).