Snug; comfortable; easy; contented.
- Snug, comfortable, and warm.
- Marked by friendly intimacy. See Synonyms at comfortable.
- Informal Marked by close association for devious purposes: a cozy agreement with the competition.
- To make oneself snug and comfortable: cozy up with the Sunday paper.
- Informal To try to get on friendly or intimate terms; ingratiate oneself: "out on the . . . hustings, cozying up to reactionaries and racists alike” ( Chuck Stone).
- A padded or knitted covering placed especially over a teapot to keep the tea hot.