A bed or cot for a baby, oscillating on rockers or swinging on pivots; hence, the place of origin, or in which anything is nurtured or protected in the earlier period of existence; as, a cradle of crime; the cradle of liberty.
- A small low bed for an infant, often furnished with rockers.
- The earliest period of life: had an interest in music almost from the cradle.
- A place of origin; a birthplace: the cradle of civilization.
- A framework of wood or metal used to support something, such as a ship undergoing construction or repair.
- A framework used to protect an injured limb.
- A low flat framework that rolls on casters, used by a mechanic working beneath an automobile. Also called creeper.
- The part of a telephone that contains the connecting switch upon which the receiver and mouthpiece unit is supported.
- A frame projecting above a scythe, used to catch grain as it is cut so that it can be laid flat.
- A scythe equipped with such a frame.
- A boxlike device furnished with rockers, used for washing gold-bearing dirt.
- To place or retain in or as if in a cradle.
- To care for or nurture in infancy.
- To hold or support protectively: cradled the cat in his arms.
- To reap (grain) with a cradle.
- To place or support (a ship, for example) in a cradle.
- To wash (gold-bearing dirt) in a cradle.
- Obsolete To lie in or as if in a cradle.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഭൂമി - Bhoomi ;ഹിന്ദോളം - Hindholam ;ഇച്ചാല് - Ichaal | Ichal ;ഉത്ഭവസ്ഥാനം - Uthbhavasthaanam | Uthbhavasthanam ;തൊട്ടിലില് കിടത്തുക - Thottilil Kidaththuka | Thottilil Kidathuka ;കൂഞ്ഞുങ്ങളെക്കിടത്താനുള്ളത് - Koonjungalekkidaththaanullathu | Koonjungalekkidathanullathu ;