A bent portion of an axle, or shaft, or an arm keyed at right angles to the end of a shaft, by which motion is imparted to or received from it; also used to change circular into reciprocating motion, or reciprocating into circular motion. See Bell crank.
- A device for transmitting rotary motion, consisting of a handle or arm attached at right angles to a shaft.
- A clever turn of speech; a verbal conceit: quips and cranks.
- A peculiar or eccentric idea or action.
- Informal A grouchy person.
- Informal An eccentric person, especially one who is unduly zealous.
- Slang Methamphetamine.
- To start or operate (an engine, for example) by or as if by turning a handle.
- To move or operate (a window, for example) by or as if by turning a handle.
- To make into the shape of a crank; bend.
- To provide with a handle that is used in turning.
- To turn a handle.
- To wind in a zigzagging course.
- Of, being, or produced by an eccentric person: a crank letter; a crank phone call.
- crank out To produce, especially mechanically and rapidly: cranks out memo after memo.
- crank up To cause to start or get started as if by turning a crank: cranked up a massive publicity campaign.
- crank up To cause to intensify, as in volume or force: cranks up the sound on the stereo.
- Nautical Liable to capsize; unstable.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
തലതിരിഞ്ഞ ചിന്ത - Thalathirinja Chintha ;വിചിത്രവാക്ക് - Vichithravaakku | Vichithravakku ;കിറുക്കന് - Kirukkan ;ചുറ്റിപോകുക - Chuttipokuka ;വക്രത - Vakratha ;യന്ത്രത്തിന്റെ ഭുജണ്ഡം. വിചിത്രവാക്ക് - Yanthraththinre Bhujandam. Vichithravaakku | Yanthrathinre Bhujandam. Vichithravakku ;