The act of inclosing or confining in a crib or in close quarters.
- Present participle of crib.
- The members used to build a (structural) crib, usually of timbers or logs, but also of concrete, steel or even plastic; cribwork.
- As a whole, the heavy structure built to support an existing structure from underneath, as with a mineshaft or when raising a building off its foundation, as for moving to another location,
- The cribbing used to support anything from below or on a side, as with a retaining wall, or to prop up a piece of heavy machinery.
- A self-injurious tendency of certain horses to swallow air while slobbering and biting onto objects in and about their enclosure and regarded as an equine form of obsessive-compulsive disorder.