The point of time when it is to be decided whether any affair or course of action must go on, or be modified or terminate; the decisive moment; the turning point.
- A crucial or decisive point or situation; a turning point.
- An unstable condition, as in political, social, or economic affairs, involving an impending abrupt or decisive change.
- A sudden change in the course of a disease or fever, toward either improvement or deterioration.
- An emotionally stressful event or traumatic change in a person's life.
- A point in a story or drama when a conflict reaches its highest tension and must be resolved.