In its natural state; not cooked or prepared by fire or heat; undressed; not altered, refined, or prepared for use by any artificial process; raw; as, crude flesh.
- Being in an unrefined or natural state; raw.
- Lacking tact or taste; blunt or offensive: a crude, mannerless oaf; a crude remark.
- Characterized by uncultured simplicity; lacking in sophistication or subtlety: had only a crude notion of how a computer works.
- Not carefully or skillfully made; rough: a quick, crude sketch.
- Undisguised or unadorned; plain: must face the crude truth.
- Statistics In an unanalyzed form; not adjusted to allow for related circumstances or data.
- Archaic Unripe or immature.
- A substance, especially petroleum, in its unrefined state.