To make a loud call or cry; to call or exclaim vehemently or earnestly; to shout; to vociferate; to proclaim; to pray; to implore.
- To sob or shed tears because of grief, sorrow, or pain; weep.
- To call loudly; shout.
- To utter a characteristic sound or call. Used of an animal.
- To demand or require immediate action or remedy: grievances crying out for redress.
- To utter loudly; call out.
- To proclaim or announce in public: crying one's wares in the marketplace.
- To bring into a particular condition by weeping: cry oneself to sleep.
- Archaic To beg for; implore: cry forgiveness.
- A loud utterance of an emotion, such as fear, anger, or despair.
- A loud exclamation; a shout or call.
- A fit of weeping: had a good long cry.
- An urgent entreaty or appeal.
- A public or general demand or complaint.
- A common view or general report.
- An advertising of wares by calling out: venders' cries at the fish market.
- A rallying call or signal: a cry to arms.
- A slogan, especially a political one.
- The characteristic call or utterance of an animal.
- The baying of hounds during the chase.
- A pack of hounds.
- Obsolete Clamor; outcry.
- Obsolete A public announcement; a proclamation.
- cry down To belittle or disparage.
- cry off To break or withdraw from a promise, agreement, or undertaking.
- cry up To praise highly; extol.
- cry havoc To sound an alarm; warn.
- eyes To weep inconsolably for a long time.
- cry on (someone's) shoulder To tell one's problems to someone else in an attempt to gain sympathy or consolation.
- cry over spilled milk To regret in vain what cannot be undone or rectified.
- cry wolf To raise a false alarm.
- for crying out loud Used to express annoyance or astonishment: Let's get going, for crying out loud!
- in full cry In hot pursuit, as hounds hunting.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കരച്ചില് - Karachil ;നിലവിളിക്കുക - Nilavilikkuka ;മുരളുക - Muraluka ;കരയുക - Karayuka ;മൂളുക - Mooluka ;കൂറ്റം - Koottam ;