To strike; esp., to smite with the palm or flat of the hand; to slap.
- A fold used as trimming at the bottom of a sleeve.
- A band, often having an opening with a button closure, at the bottom of a sleeve.
- The turned-up fold at the bottom of a trouser leg.
- The band at the top of a sock.
- The part of a glove that extends over the wrist.
- A handcuff.
- Medicine An inflatable band, usually wrapped around the upper arm, that is used along with a sphygmomanometer in measuring arterial blood pressure.
- To form a cuff or cuffs on.
- To put handcuffs on.
- off the cuff In an extemporaneous or informal manner.
- on the cuff On credit.
- To strike with or as if with the open hand; slap.
- A blow or slap with the open hand.