A triangular protection from the intrados of an arch, or from an inner curve of tracery.
- A point or pointed end.
- Anatomy A pointed or rounded projection on the chewing surface of a tooth.
- Anatomy A triangular fold or flap of a heart valve.
- Mathematics A point at which a curve crosses itself and at which the two tangents to the curve coincide.
- Architecture The point of intersection of two ornamental arcs or curves, such as the inner points of a trefoil.
- Astronomy Either point of a crescent moon.
- A transitional point or time, as between two astrological signs.