That which cuts off or shortens, as a nearer passage or road.
- A designated limit or point of termination.
- A shortcut or bypass.
- A new channel cut by a river across the neck of an oxbow.
- The act or an instance of cutting off: a cutoff of funds; an electricity cutoff.
- Baseball The interception by an infielder of a throw to home plate from the outfield.
- A device that cuts off a flow of fluid.
- Music A conductor's signal indicating a stop or break in playing or singing.
- Pants, such as blue jeans, made into shorts by cutting off part of the legs.
- Designating a limit or point of termination: a cutoff date for applications.
- Baseball Serving to intercept or relay a throw to home plate from the outfield: the cutoff man.