A female parent; -- used of beasts, especially of quadrupeds; sometimes applied in contempt to a human mother.
- A barrier constructed across a waterway to control the flow or raise the level of water.
- A body of water controlled by such a barrier.
- A barrier against the passage of liquid or loose material, as a rubber sheet used in dentistry to isolate one or more teeth from the rest of the mouth.
- An obstruction; a hindrance.
- To hold back or confine by means of a dam.
- To close up; obstruct: He tried to dam his grief. See Synonyms at hinder1.
- A female parent. Used of a four-legged animal.
- Archaic A mother.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
അണക്കെട്ട് - Anakkettu ;അണകെട്ടുക - Anakettuka ;തായ്മ്യഗം - Thaaymyagam | Thaymyagam ;തള്ളമൃഗം - Thallamrugam ;ബന്ധിക്കുക - Bandhikkuka ;ഡാം - Daam | Dam ;