To condemn; to declare guilty; to doom; to adjudge to punishment; to sentence; to censure.
- To pronounce an adverse judgment upon. See Synonyms at condemn.
- To bring about the failure of; ruin.
- To condemn as harmful, illegal, or immoral: a cleric who damned gambling and strong drink.
- To condemn to everlasting punishment or a similar fate; doom.
- To swear at.
- To swear; curse.
- Used to express anger, irritation, contempt, or disappointment.
- The saying of "damn” as a curse.
- Informal The least valuable bit; a jot: not worth a damn.
- damn well Without any doubt; positively: I am damn well going to file charges against him.