The act or state of growing worse, or the state of having become worse; decline; degradation; debasement; degeneracy; deterioration.
- The process of degenerating.
- The state of being degenerate.
- Medicine Gradual deterioration of specific tissues, cells, or organs with corresponding impairment or loss of function, caused by injury, disease, or aging.
- Biology The evolutionary decline or loss of a function, characteristic, or structure in an organism or a species.
- Electronics Loss of or gain in power in an amplifier caused by unintentional negative feedback.