The state or condition of being delicate; agreeableness to the senses; delightfulness; as, delicacy of flavor, of odor, and the like.
- The quality of being delicate.
- Something pleasing and appealing, especially a choice food.
- Fineness of appearance, construction, or execution; elegance: brushwork of great delicacy.
- Frailty of bodily constitution or health.
- Sensitivity of perception, discrimination, or taste; refinement.
- Sensitivity to the feelings of others; tact: phrased the apology with delicacy.
- Sensitivity to what is proper; propriety.
- Undue sensitivity to or concern with what may be considered offensive or improper; squeamishness: scenes that might offend a viewer's delicacy.
- The need for tact in treatment or handling: a topic of some delicacy.
- Sensitivity to very small changes; precision: the delicacy of a set of scales.