A tract of land shaped like the letter delta (&DELTA;), especially when the land is alluvial and inclosed between two or more mouths of a river; as, the delta of the Ganges, of the Nile, or of the Mississippi.
- The fourth letter of the Greek alphabet. See Table at alphabet.
- An object shaped like a triangle.
- A usually triangular alluvial deposit at the mouth of a river.
- A similar deposit at the mouth of a tidal inlet, caused by tidal currents.
- Mathematics A finite increment in a variable.