Pressed or forced down; lowed; sunk; dejected; dispirited; sad; humbled.
- Low in spirits; dejected.
- Suffering from psychological depression.
- Sunk below the surrounding region: the depressed center of a crater.
- Lower in amount, degree, or position: Oil reserves were at depressed levels because of increasing industrial demands.
- Sluggish in growth or activity: a depressed sector of the economy.
- Suffering from social and economic hardship: a depressed region.
- Botany Flattened downward, as if pressed from above.
- Zoology Flattened along the dorsal and ventral surfaces.