To fix the boundaries of; to mark off and separate.
- To decide or settle (a dispute, for example) conclusively and authoritatively.
- To end or decide, as by judicial action.
- To establish or ascertain definitely, as after consideration, investigation, or calculation. See Synonyms at discover.
- To cause (someone) to come to a conclusion or resolution.
- To be the cause of; regulate: Demand determines production.
- To give direction to: The management committee determines departmental policy.
- To limit in scope or extent.
- Mathematics To fix or define the position, form, or configuration of.
- Logic To explain or limit by adding differences.
- Law To put an end to; terminate.
- To reach a decision; resolve. See Synonyms at decide.
- Law To come to an end.