A conversation between two or more persons; particularly, a formal conservation in theatrical performances or in scholastic exercises.
- A conversation between two or more people.
- Conversation between characters in a drama or narrative.
- The lines or passages in a script that are intended to be spoken.
- A literary work written in the form of a conversation: the dialogues of Plato.
- Music A composition or passage for two or more parts, suggestive of conversational interplay.
- An exchange of ideas or opinions: achieving constructive dialogue with all political elements.
- To express as or in a dialogue.
- To converse in a dialogue.
- Usage Problem To engage in an informal exchange of views.