Course of living or nourishment; what is eaten and drunk habitually; food; victuals; fare.
- The usual food and drink of a person or animal.
- A regulated selection of foods, as for medical reasons or cosmetic weight loss.
- Something used, enjoyed, or provided regularly: subsisted on a diet of detective novels during his vacation.
- Of or relating to a food regimen designed to promote weight loss in a person or an animal: the diet industry.
- Having fewer calories.
- Sweetened with a noncaloric sugar substitute.
- Designed to reduce or suppress the appetite: diet pills; diet drugs.
- To eat and drink according to a regulated system, especially so as to lose weight or control a medical condition.
- To regulate or prescribe food and drink for.
- A national or local legislative assembly in certain countries, such as Japan.
- A formal general assembly of the princes or estates of the Holy Roman Empire.