The act of diffusing, or the state of being diffused; a spreading; extension; dissemination; circulation; dispersion.
- The process of diffusing or the condition of being diffused.
- Needless profusion of words; prolixity.
- Physics The scattering of incident light by reflection from a rough surface.
- Physics The transmission of light through a translucent material.
- Physics The spontaneous intermingling of the particles of two or more substances as a result of random thermal motion.
- The spread of linguistic or cultural practices or innovations within a community or from one community to another.