To turn up, or delve in, (earth) with a spade or a hoe; to open, loosen, or break up (the soil) with a spade, or other sharp instrument; to pierce, open, or loosen, as if with a spade.
- To break up, turn over, or remove (earth or sand, for example), as with a shovel, spade, or snout, or with claws, paws or hands.
- To make or form by removing earth or other material: dig a trench; dug my way out of the snow.
- To prepare (soil) by loosening or cultivating.
- To obtain or unearth by digging: dig coal out of a seam; dug potatoes from a field.
- To obtain or find by an action similar to digging: dug a dollar out of his pocket; dug the puck out of the corner.
- To learn or discover by careful research or investigation: dug up the evidence; dug out the real facts.
- To force down and into something; thrust: dug his foot in the ground.
- To poke or prod: dug me in the ribs.
- Sports To strike or redirect (a ball) just before it hits the ground, as in tennis or volleyball.
- Slang To understand fully: Do you dig what I mean?
- Slang To like, enjoy, or appreciate: "They really dig our music and, daddy, I dig swinging for them” ( Louis Armstrong).
- Slang To take notice of: Dig that wild outfit.
- To loosen, turn over, or remove earth or other material.
- To make one's way by or as if by pushing aside or removing material: dug through the files.
- Slang To have understanding: Do you dig?
- A poke or thrust: a sharp dig in the ribs.
- A sarcastic, taunting remark; a gibe.
- An archaeological excavation.
- Sports An act or an instance of digging a ball.
- dig in To dig trenches for protection.
- dig in To hold on stubbornly, as to a position; entrench oneself.
- dig in To begin to work intensively.
- dig in To begin to eat heartily.
- dig in (one's) heels To resist opposition stubbornly; refuse to yield or compromise.
- dig it out Slang To run as fast as one can, especially as a base runner in baseball.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഏകാഗ്രബുദ്ധിയോടെ പഠിക്കുക - Ekaagrabuddhiyode Padikkuka | Ekagrabudhiyode Padikkuka ;കുത്ത് - Kuththu | Kuthu ;ഖനനം ചെയ്യുക - Khananam Cheyyuka ;കുഴിയ്ക്കുക - Kuzhiykkuka ;നിലം കുഴിക്കുക - Nilam Kuzhikkuka ;കുഴി - Kuzhi ;