The act of directing, of aiming, regulating, guiding, or ordering; guidance; management; superintendence; administration; as, the direction o&?; public affairs or of a bank.
- The act or function of directing.
- Management, supervision, or guidance of an action or operation.
- The art or action of musical or theatrical directing.
- Music A word or phrase in a score indicating how a passage is to be played or sung.
- An instruction or series of instructions for doing or finding something. Often used in the plural.
- An authoritative indication; an order or command.
- The distance-independent relationship between two points in space that specifies the angular position of either with respect to the other; the relationship by which the alignment or orientation of any position with respect to any other position is established.
- A position to which motion or another position is referred.
- A line leading to a place or point.
- The line or course along which a person or thing moves.
- The statement in degrees of the angle measured between due north and a given line or course on a compass.
- A course or area of development; a tendency toward a particular end or goal: charting a new direction for the company.