Containing directions; enjoining; instructing; directorial.
- A book containing an alphabetical or classified listing of names, addresses, and other data, such as telephone numbers, of specific persons, groups, or firms.
- Computer Science A listing of the files contained in a storage device, such as a magnetic disk.
- Computer Science A description of the various characteristics of a file, such as the layout of the fields in it.
- A book of rules or directions.
- A group or body of directors.
- Serving to direct.