Want of concord or agreement; absence of unity or harmony in sentiment or action; variance leading to contention and strife; disagreement; -- applied to persons or to things, and to thoughts, feelings, or purposes.
- Lack of agreement among persons, groups, or things.
- Tension or strife resulting from a lack of agreement; dissension.
- A confused or harsh sound or mingling of sounds.
- Music An inharmonious combination of simultaneously sounded tones; a dissonance.
- To fail to agree or harmonize; clash.