A discus; a quoit.
- A thin, flat, circular object or plate.
- Something resembling such an object: The moon's disk was reflected in the pond.
- The disk used in a disc brake.
- A disk used on a disk harrow.
- A round, flattened, platelike structure in an animal, such as an intervertebral disk.
- Botany The enlarged area bearing numerous tiny flowers, as in the flower head of composite plants, such as the daisy. Also called discus.
- Computer Science A magnetic disk, such as a floppy disk or hard disk.
- Computer Science The data stored on such a disk: read the disk that came with the manual.
- An optical disk, especially a compact disk. See Usage Note at compact disk.
- A phonograph record.
- A circular grid in a phototypesetting machine.
- To work (soil) with a disk harrow.
- To make (a recording) on a phonograph record.