To dispose of speedily, as business; to execute quickly; to make a speedy end of; to finish; to perform.
- To relegate to a specific destination or send on specific business. See Synonyms at send1.
- To complete, transact, or dispose of promptly.
- To eat up (food); finish off (a dish or meal).
- To put to death summarily.
- The act of sending off, as to a specific destination.
- Dismissal or rejection of something regarded as unimportant or unworthy of consideration: "[his] breezy dispatch of another Establishment fiction writer” ( Christopher Hitchens).
- The act of putting to death.
- Speed in performance or movement. See Synonyms at haste.
- A written message, particularly an official communication, sent with speed.
- An important message sent by a diplomat or an officer in the armed forces.
- A news item sent to a news organization, as by a correspondent.
- An organization or conveyance for delivering goods.