The act of dispensing or dealing out; distribution; often used of the distribution of good and evil by God to man, or more generically, of the acts and modes of his administration.
- The act of dispensing.
- Something dispensed.
- A specific arrangement or system by which something is dispensed.
- An exemption or release from an obligation or rule, granted by or as if by an authority.
- An exemption from a church law, a vow, or another similar obligation granted in a particular case by an ecclesiastical authority.
- The document containing this exemption.
- Theology The divine ordering of worldly affairs.
- Theology A religious system or code of commands considered to have been divinely revealed or appointed.