The act or process of scattering or dispersing, or the state of being scattered or separated; as, the Jews in their dispersion retained their rites and ceremonies; a great dispersion of the human family took place at the building of Babel.
- The act or process of dispersing.
- The state of being dispersed.
- The Diaspora of the Jews.
- Statistics The degree of scatter of data, usually about an average value, such as the median.
- Physics Separation of a complex wave into its component parts according to a given characteristic, such as frequency or wavelength.
- Physics Separation of visible light into colors by refraction or diffraction.
- Chemistry See disperse system.