To distribute and put in place; to arrange; to set in order; as, to dispose the ships in the form of a crescent.
- To place or set in a particular order; arrange.
- To put (business affairs, for example) into correct, definitive, or conclusive form.
- To put into a willing or receptive frame of mind; incline. See Synonyms at incline.
- To settle or decide a matter.
- Obsolete Disposal.
- Obsolete Disposition; demeanor.
- dispose of To attend to; settle: disposed of the problem quickly.
- dispose of To transfer or part with, as by giving or selling.
- dispose of To get rid of; throw out.
- dispose of To kill or destroy: a despot who disposed of all his enemies, real or imagined.