The act of disposing, arranging, ordering, regulating, or transferring; application; disposal; as, the disposition of a man's property by will.
- One's usual mood; temperament: a sweet disposition.
- A habitual inclination; a tendency: a disposition to disagree.
- A physical property or tendency: a swelling with a disposition to rupture.
- Arrangement, positioning, or distribution: a cheerful disposition of colors and textures; a convoy oriented into a north-south disposition.
- A final settlement: disposition of the deceased's property.
- An act of disposing; a bestowal or transfer to another.
- The power or liberty to control, direct, or dispose.
- Management; control.