The space between two objects; the length of a line, especially the shortest line joining two points or things that are separate; measure of separation in place.
- The extent of space between two objects or places; an intervening space.
- The fact or condition of being apart in space; remoteness.
- Mathematics The length or numerical value of a straight line or curve.
- The extent of space between points on a measured course.
- The length of a race, especially of a horserace.
- A point or area that is far away: "Telephone poles stretched way into a distance I couldn't quite see” ( Leigh Allison Wilson).
- A depiction of a such a point or area.
- A stretch of space without designation of limit; an expanse: a land of few hills and great distances.
- The extent of time between two events; an intervening period.
- A point removed in time: At a distance of 11 years, his memory of the crime was blurry.
- The full period or length of a contest or game: The challenger had never attempted the distance of 12 rounds.
- An amount of progress: The curriculum committee is a distance from where it was last month.
- Difference or disagreement: The candidates could not be at a greater distance on this issue.
- Emotional separateness or reserve; aloofness.
- To place or keep at or as if at a distance: "To understand Russian strategy ... it is necessary for us to distance ourselves from our own myths and to enter into theirs” ( Freeman J. Dyson).
- To cause to appear at a distance.
- To leave far behind; outrun.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വിസ്തരം - Vistharam ;അന്തരം - Antharam ;കവിഞ്ഞു നില്ക്കുക - Kavinju Nilkkuka ;ദൂരം - Dhooram ;വിയല് - Viyal ;ഒതുക്കം - Othukkam ;