Not set apart from others by visible marks; to make distinctive or discernible by exhibiting differences; to mark off by some characteristic.
- To perceive as being different or distinct.
- To perceive distinctly; discern: distinguished the masts of ships on the horizon.
- To make noticeable or different; set apart.
- To cause (oneself) to be eminent or recognized: They have distinguished themselves as dedicated social workers.
- To perceive or indicate differences; discriminate: distinguish between right and wrong.