Extreme pain or suffering; anguish of body or mind; as, to suffer distress from the gout, or from the loss of friends.
- To cause strain, anxiety, or suffering to. See Synonyms at trouble.
- Law To hold the property of (a person) against the payment of debts.
- To mar or otherwise treat (an object or fabric, for example) to give the appearance of an antique or of heavy prior use: "There are the fakes—new rugs which have been intentionally distressed for an older look” ( Hatfield MA Valley Advocate).
- Archaic To constrain or overcome by harassment.
- Anxiety or mental suffering.
- Severe strain resulting from exhaustion or an accident.
- Acute physical discomfort.
- Physical deterioration, as of a highway, caused by hard use over time: pavement distress.
- The condition of being in need of immediate assistance: a motorist in distress.
- Law The act of distraining or seizing to compel payment.
- Law The goods thus seized.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വിപത്ത് - Vipaththu | Vipathu ;അംഘസ്സ് - Amghassu ;അരിഷ്ടത - Arishdatha ;വിമ്മിഷ്ടം - Vimmishdam ;വൈഷമ്യം - Vaishamyam ;അസഹ്യപ്പെടുത്തുക - Asahyappeduththuka | Asahyappeduthuka ;